One year as a Young Professional at Ragn-Sells
Ragn-Sells’ Young Professionals programme offers a rewarding, broad-based career start at the company. In June 2021, the programme ended for three more young engineers who are now continuing to work full-time in their roles as Production Engineers at Ragn-Sells Sweden.
The programme runs for 10 months and participants have access to a mentor each and the opportunity to participate in various projects at the plants. Engineers Alexander, Sofie and Jonathan have been asked to answer three questions about their experiences and impressions.
What were the biggest surprises of the programme?
– How different the waste sector is from what I have seen in other sectors in the past. Another big surprise was how flexible the company is, with ideas quickly being given a hearing and actually being implemented.
– How short the decision-making chain is within the company. During the trainee programme, I have been involved in projects ranging from an idea from an employee to a finished process in which money was requested through the Business Sweden. I think it’s great to see that the company is so willing to accept new ideas and test them out.
– I felt that I quickly gained a lot of confidence and was given interesting, challenging tasks on which I was able to exert real influence.
Facts about the Young Professionals programme
- Recruitment to the programme takes place in the spring.
- The programme runs from August to June.
- The number of participants depends on the needs of the organisation. So far it has been three.
- The programme is aimed at graduate engineers with a specialisation in the environment or equivalent, or graduates in the fields of IT, engineering, or economics.