Summer internship at EasyMining
We welcome our two interns who will spend eight weeks at Ragn-Sells' innovation company EasyMining this summer. Hanna Eriksson is studying food agronomy at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences in Uppsala and Ragna Ivarsson is studying Industrial Engineering at KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm.
The summer trainee program is initiated by Ragn-Sells (of which EasyMining is part of) and runs for eight weeks. As a trainee, you get to practice in several of Ragn-Sells operations, make contacts with senior executives and run your own project within the company's operations.
The interns will work at EasyMining in Uppsala and their supervisor will be Sara Stiernström, Product Manager at EasyMining, and Therese Åström, Nutrient Specialist at EasyMining.
– It feels great to welcome Hanna and Ragna to the team. They will both, in different ways, help us understand the market potential for our products, and thereby play a role in closing nutrients cycles, says Therese Åström.
Market analysis for recycled nutrients and feed market
Hanna Eriksson is studying food agronomy at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences in Uppsala. She will be investigating how to reach the organic market with recycled inorganic nutrients.
– I will start mapping out legislation in regard to organic fertilizers, as well as the potential of and possibilities for these products on the organic market. In addition, to start communication with the Swedish organic farmers.
She hopes that the summer trainee programme will be an opportunity to apply the knowledge from school in real life scenarios, while acquiring new skills.
– I find resourcefulness very inspiring. When old ways of thinking have to be re-evaluated and problems solved in innovative ways. There are so many novelty products in all stages of food production, and in the future I want to develope those kinds of products for the consumer market.
Ragna Ivarsson studies Industrial Engineering and Management with a technical specialisation in Energy Systems and Sustainable Development at KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm. Her project focuses on EasyMining’s technology Ash2Phos which extracts phosphorus from incinerated sewage sludge.
– My aim is to conduct a market analysis on the feed market and examine the potential for recovered phosphorus. Part of my project includes looking into the current feed legislation both in Europe and outside of Europe, and I will examine the current obstacles and future possibilities for this sustainable product to reach the feed market.
Ragna´s education focuses on the link between technology and business. She hopes that this summer will be a perfect opportunity to get more experience and to learn many valuable things.
– I am interested in sustainable businesses and how to create new business opportunities which also contributes to the transition to a circular economy, which I truly believe is required to reduce climate change. The technical solutions which EasyMining have developed are very interesting and it would be exiting to work with similar innovations in the future.
Hanna and Ragna will present the results of their projects at Ragn-Sells in Sollentuna on the 19 of August. If you have any questions about the intership or want to learn more about their projects please contact firstname.lastname@example.org