Setting a new standard for recycled plastic
Ragn-Sells Denmark collects almost 60 percent of all plastic handled in Ragn-Sells Group. This was made possible by focusing on recycling plastic from the mixed and unclean plastic waste streams, originating from the Danish households, shops, and companies.
Only 30 percent of all Danish plastic waste is recycled. Ragn-Sells Denmark asked themselves; how can we increase this further. The solution was to focus on the other 70% made up of enormous amounts of mixed, unclean plastic waste that today in most cases is sent directly to incineration, in Denmark, as well as in the rest of the world. We call this new plastic recycling stream FAIR Plastic™.
Already in 2019, the grocery store chain Netto announced that they would be the first to use recycled plastic granulate to produce circular bin-liners, made from the company’s own organic waste.
Today we offer FAIR Plastic™ granulate in different sizes for use in various applications on the market. At the same time more municipalities in Denmark are joining the development of a circular economy by taking a clear responsibility for the Danish plastic waste.
– We can all take responsibility for and help out by pushing the demand for recycled plastic in new products. Adding new waste streams to recycled plastic is a great example of how this can be achieved. And I’m proud to say that we at Ragn-Sells have been setting a new standard for the recycling of mixed and unclean plastic waste, says Massimo Forti, CEO of Ragn-Sells Denmark.
Some of Denmark’s largest retailer chains and trendsetting companies like Grundfos and LEGOLAND have also discovered the new possibilities, and are already using new plastic products with FAIR Plastic™. And many more are on their way.
– If we are serious about creating a sustainable society, we have to use more of the raw materials we have already extracted. This requires a real effort, with good cooperation throughout the value chain, as well as a clear demand from consumers and politicians, says Massimo Forti.
About FAIR Plastic™
FAIR Plastic™ is extracted from the mixed and unclean plastic waste from Danish households, shops, and companies. By using a raw material that already exists, we can save much more of our fossil resources and contribute to further reducing carbon dioxide emissions.
Read more at www.fair-plastic.com